Saturday, March 17, 2018

Natural Museum

Visiting a natural museum is a great fun. 
I haven't seen a fossil of  this ancient creature living 400 millions years ago. This was found in the US.
                              
 Can you see two tyrannosauruses have feathers?  The new theory says bird is the descendant of dinosaur. 最新科学说恐龙身体上有羽毛。
 I love this fish, a landlocked salmon. 
 He has a tough look. 
 This is a species of myxomycetes. When you go into the forest and watch on wet withered trees or leaves on the ground through a magnifying glass, you can find them. They are a member of forest creatures.
This is a specimen made by Minakata Kumagusu, famous biologist in Japan. 

23 comments:

  1. Feathers! Wouldn't it be a shock if we could go back in time and they looked like chickens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I like to visit these museums also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello rtc, I also love natural history museums, specimens, and just plain exploring around in nature. Cleveland, Ohio is very lucky to have an excellent natural history museum, with many local fossils as well as large dinosaur skeletons and other world-wide creatures.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fascinating museum. I find natural history museums very intriguing.

    Thanks so much for coming by Marmelade Gypsy today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !! This is a great place to explore and admire the history !!
    Happy weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The birds now sure look different than the ancient dinosaur times. I like that little creature with the tough look, he's somewhat cute. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is mind boggling to see the many different forms of life on earth. Museums are great. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing with us these wonderful photos of the museum. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy that we're blogger friends - you take us to the most interesting places. We have nothing like these fish around here.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest RTC,
    Natural Museum indoors or exploring it on our own outdoors is always very educational. We still learn more and more about ancient species and such fossils are gems.
    As for the myxomycetes, they are the type of fungus that complete life's cycle. They can digest decaying wood and things that no other species can handle. It has been part of our personal life long job and always will interest us!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Natural History Museums are great places to visit, I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've spent many happy hours absorbed by the fascinating exhibits of London's Natural History Museum as a child. It was my favorite place to visit. Today, as a mother living in San Francisco, I make it a point to take my daughter to visit this wonderful museum each time I traval back to London.

    So glad you too are a fan of such museums. Where is the location of the one you visited for this post?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mais um post super interessante, que adorei descobrir e apreciar por aqui!...
    Existe até uma teoria, que diz que os Rouxinóis do Japão, serão o parente mais próximo, descendente dos dinossauros...
    Tive um... durante 20 anos! Adorava o seu canto!... E os seus olhos... grandes e expressivos!...
    Deixando um beijinho, e os meus votos de continuação de uma excelente e feliz semana!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  14. My 8-year-old nephew has passion for dinos...he loves to draw too and most of his artworks are the various types of dinosaurs.

    You've got beautiful photos from the museum and some info that are very helpful and educational. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool! I can't recall the last time I went to a natural museum. Back in 2014, we visited the dinosaur museum in Drumheller, Alberta.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always impressed by the many different shapes of fish. I have learned recently by watching david Attenborough's film about the oceans, that many sea creatures are far more intelligent than we had thought.

    The world is such an amazing place that no museum can do it justice, but I too love natural history museums which select particularly interesting and unusual things. There are a couple like that here in London and they're always worth visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really enjoyed seeing your photos and Museums are always great places to go and visit. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. You say that 'descendant of dinosaur'? Intersting. Now I understand why the birds are so curious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh...!
    Such those amazing photos!
    Your post brings me back many years ago when my sons were curious about dinosaurs.
    I learned of tyrannosauruses from my son.
    Great post.
    Have a good spring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Revendo este post fascinante, e deixando um beijinho, bem como os meus votos de continuação de uma excelente semana, e de um óptimo mês de Abril!
    Tudo de bom!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete