I would like to introduce you two types of Sakura Mochi 櫻餅, both of which are very popular and you can get them anywhere.

Red bean jam is wrapped with baked wheat skin. A cherry leaf is salted. It's edible.
The jam is wrapped with steamed sticky rice. You can enjoy a chewy texture.
The delightful scent of the cherry leaf and the rich sweetness of the bean jam tell people the arrival of the spring.
Lovely Jonquil 👱

This bean jam is white.
So beautiful to look at too!
ReplyDeleteyum
ReplyDeleteHello RTC, Many kinds of mochi are also available here, although not usually so fancy. There are some Japanese department stores here (such as Mitsukoshi and Sogo) that have specialty food sections, and although I have not noticed freshly made mochi there in the past, it is worth taking a closer look.
ReplyDelete--Jim
One of the things I loved in Japan was their beautiful staging of desserts. These look lovely (and bring back fond memories.)
ReplyDeleteThe traditional Japanese deserts are fabulous
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine the taste and aroma that this sweet will have. I'd like to try it.
ReplyDeleteOh, I wish I could try these desserts. I especially was drawn to the cherry one, as cherries are my favorite fruit. They are quite expensive at the stores, so I don't get them often. Thanks for sharing the desserts in your area. It was interesting.
ReplyDelete~Sheri
Those look delicious 😋. I got a delicious cookie after I left a restaurant with my sister on Saturday afternoon. Went into one store that had books, baked goods including cookies. I bought one that chocolate inside of it. I ate it later when I got to the hotel. I like items that are made from scratch. Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteIt certainly looks lovely. I've never heard of it until now.
ReplyDeleteThat's interesting! We have some mocci products for sale here. It's sold in bulk and frozen. I don't know what it is.
ReplyDeleteThis looks fabulous. I need a trip to H-Mart, a New York grocery that has products from Asia.
ReplyDeleteLooks exotic!
ReplyDelete櫻餅漂亮!全都喜歡吃 (๑><๑)
ReplyDeleteI would be willing to try anything in Japan, my husband lived ther for three years and loved all the food.
ReplyDeleteThis looks very tasty.
Catherine
靚到唔捨得食呀😍
ReplyDeleteSakura Mochi sounds absolutely delicious! The combination of the sweet red bean jam and the fragrant cherry leaf must be a delightful treat, especially with that chewy texture from the sticky rice. It really captures the essence of spring!
ReplyDelete靚到好似模型咁
ReplyDeleteall the best!
ReplyDeleteThis looks very yummy.
ReplyDeleteCatherine
They do look nice.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan