I often make spaghetti aglio e olio for breakfast. This time I got a big garlic produced in Japan. Its price is 398 Japanese Yen before taxation! As the present consumption tax for food is 8%, the final price is 429 Yen. Garlics imported from Spain or Italy is 200 Yen. JPY 398 is equivalent to USD 3.46, AUD 4.77, HKD 27.06 and GBP 2.58. Do you buy domestic or imported one? I was wondering how much it would cost.
It is 7 centimeters across in diameter and has 7 big cloves. Each clove is moist and has soft smell. Luckily, I cooked well with a clove of this domestic one.
That's a big garlic alright!
ReplyDeleteDearest RTC,
ReplyDeleteYour garlic is a stunning size and no doubt you used it wisely as it certainly was pricey.
Love the spaghetti aglio e olio.
Have not bought fresh garlic for quite a while as I use the Minced California Garlic.
So I guess that is our source as California is growing excellent vegetables.
Hugs,
Mariette
Thanks for your information.
Delete💞
DeleteThat is some expensive garlic! My husband is the chef around here, and he does use lots of garlic in his dishes.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Hello rtc, I am sure your home-cooked food is delicious, but I can't help your with the price of garlic. Since I use it so seldom, I stick with the powdered kind, which keeps forever in the refrigerator and is very inexpensive.
ReplyDelete--Jim
The garlic at our supermarket is imported; it comes in units of 4-6 bulbs, each bulb has about 7-10 cloves. I usually buy one unit(pack) at a time; it's not expensive.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, garlic is a must in the house. It enhances the flavor of dishes and is good for health.
It's a big garlic. Garlic would be good, but I get sick of it. My son and husband would eat it Everyday, but its smell makes make me sick. I'm hypersensitive.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoy garlic, it adds great taste to a dish, and also has many health benefits :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I like your photos of this garlic. We use a lot of garlic in our cooking. Thanks very much for your visit. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteI have bought garlic for making a few things. Arctic Cod, which is fish and rainbow trout (steelhead.) I think the garlic I bought are from Mexico. Less than what you pay for but not sure of price. Not taxes on food in Oregon. We still have a bit of snow but it's not as cold today as it was Sunday and Monday. Happy New Year!!!
ReplyDeleteI love garlic and that looks quite delicious. I'd much prefer to purchase it from a farmer's market but for the most part, ours comes from the grocery store.
ReplyDeleteOhh yes you are worse then me..Spaghetti for breakfast😂We eat much spahetti over here.sometimes vegetarian sometimes with meat or whatever we have in the fridgerator.Garlic we love❤It is cheap over here..5 kr and you get 5 garlic made either from Spain or Norway.Dont you live in Japan?
ReplyDeleteOk wishing you a happy new year with friends and family🎉🤴
We have native garlic grown here in Washington state, but prices are high here, too. I love garlic in sauces, especially tomato sauce. Your garlic looks like what we call 'Elephant Garlic' and has a mild taste. Wishing you a good and healthy 2022! x K
ReplyDelete㊗️元旦快樂❗️ 身體健康❗️ 平安喜樂🥂🥂
ReplyDelete恭祝新年快樂!健康平安💝🍹🍹
ReplyDeleteGarlic is so good/healthy in many ways and I always keep several bulbs in a small metal basket hanging above my kitchen sink. Today I will oven roast one whole, squeeze into creamy Gorgonzola dolce sauce served over penne pasta. Garlic is not expensive here, I usually buy about 3 bulbs at a time and they come from different locations -
ReplyDeleteGarlic makes so many dishes taste better. It has great health benefits as well. I've used garlic for different things throughout my life. Your spaghetti with garlic sounds delicious.
ReplyDelete~Sheri
Um ingrediente absolutamente essencial, aqui em casa, para tempero de mutos pratos de carne ou peixe!
ReplyDeleteGostei imenso de ver tão grande exemplar! Tenho comprado recentemente e são bem menores! Alguns são produzidos em Portugal, outros em Espanha, pelo menos dos que tenho adquirido mais recentemente no supermercado!
É super saudável, e tem imensos benefícios para a saúde!
Um grande abraço! Feliz 2022!
Ana