The beautiful lunar eclipse occurred tonight, around 18:00 Japan Time. Though the eclipse was partial, 98% of the moon was hidden in Earth's shadow. This is a very deep eclipse.
This moon shape is one hour later from the first photo. Did you see tonight's eclipse?


It was cloudy here so not able to see eclipse, thank-you for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteCatherine
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing the photos. My husband and kids got up to see it at 4:00 am. I missed it...until now! 😊
ReplyDeleteI had hoped to, but it didn't time out right!
ReplyDeleteDearest RTC,
ReplyDeleteNo, we did not see it but you captured it very well!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Mariette
PS in my present post I show a Kubota at work...
香港今日天氣有雲,看不到呀!謝謝分享!
ReplyDeleteHere in Canada it occurred in the middle of the night so, no, I was asleep and missed it. Nice photos you took though!
ReplyDeleteFabulous photos - thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteDidn't see the eclipse here however the moon was a beauty last evening.
Hello rtc, Alas, I missed this remarkable event. Thank you for your photos which captured the mysterious essence. We are having a cloudy/rainy season here, and the middle of the city is not a good place to view celestial events. Once, however I saw a full eclipse of the moon. I went to a local school where the large grounds offered an unobstructed view.
ReplyDelete--Jim
Awesome!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful I missed it
ReplyDeleteMind blowing pictures! Thanks for sharing the lunar eclipse with us.
ReplyDeleteI didn’t see it. Thank you for posting your photos.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful clear photos.
ReplyDeleteWe just saw a full moon Thursday night when we were walking. I didn't know there was an eclipse so I did miss it. Thanks for sharing the photos. Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteLooking good there. No didn't see it.
ReplyDeleteNice photoes !I did not see it bec it is dark all day around here in Europe..Waiting for the sun yes
ReplyDeleteI think you were very lucky to do this session with moon shoots..I could not do it
I think it is funny before in the old time they thought the world was going to end hih hih acording to the norse saga They was very afraid to see this especially ,the sun go away
Ok hope you are doing well and thanx for nice reply on my post .I had to laught a little yes the star in the windows are already put on and the big christmas tree is ready to be picked in the woods
I wonder how you celebate (if you do)Christmas time in Japan?see you soon and wish family and you a good weekend :))Anita
影得好清楚喎。
ReplyDeleteWhat an incredible sight. So glad you got to see the lunar eclipse and take a couple photos of it. I really liked what you said about the lit-up tree near my home....."the tree may feel close to you, too." That was a wonderful thing to say, thank you. : )
ReplyDelete~Sheri
I didn't get to see the lunar eclipse. I like the partial eclipse that you have captured.
ReplyDelete紀實好拍攝!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately RTC the sky here in North was very cloudy and we couldn't see moon eclipse.
ReplyDeleteFantastic photos! Did you put special lenses?
Thank you for sharing these photographs ... wonderful.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Adorei poder ver tão bem o efeito através das suas formidáveis fotos!
ReplyDeleteAqui não consegui ver, o tempo estava demasiado nublado! Fantástica partilha!
Um grande abraço!
Ana