Sunday, January 10, 2021

View From The Top

This is Yakumo Jinja (shrine) located in the center of Motegi. Rice plants harvested in autumn are hung on the left side of the building. 
I climbed up to the top of a mountain to enjoy good landscapes. When the weather conditions are good in the early winter morning, a fog covers the ground and you can see the sea of clouds with mountain tops which look like islands.

Though the town is in mountains, the land was cultivated widely to make rice fields. These greenhouses are probably for growing strawberries.
I wish you health and happiness in the new year.







 

18 comments:

  1. Hello rtc, In Taiwan also, temples and shrines are often built on mountaintops, which provide a contemplative atmosphere. In the U.S. mountaintops are more likely to be left natural, or to have memorials or monuments built, as the high position makes them readier to view and elevates their importance.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I enjoyed visiting several shrines in various places when I visited Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peaceful landscape,so pretty! I live in a beautiful country too,but violent and unsafe...We live with fear,unfortunately.Happy 2021, with health and safety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scenery is stunning and your descriptions just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the temples and shrines in Japan. It's been so long since I've been there. And that view is spectacular. Quite a climb! (Thanks for stopping by my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest RTC,
    What wonderful and bright winter photos with spectacular views from the top!
    Best wishes to you and yours for 2021.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice views you shared on your blog post. Happy New Year!! ⏰🎈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous views, such lovely photographs.
    Returning your wishes for a happy and healthy new year.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pictures and especially from the top, RTC.
    The views are beautiful, clouds and greenhouses.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que panorâmicas incríveis! Grata por tão especial partilha!
    Votos de um feliz 2021, com saúde, para si e todos os seus! Esperando que até ao fim deste ano, tudo melhore gradualmente, com as campanhas de vacinação!... Por aqui, creio que se irão processar de uma forma lenta... mas vamos ver o que acontece!... A realidade, parece sempre ser bem mais criativa, do que qualquer coisa, que às vezes podemos pensar!...
    Tudo de bom! Feliz 2021! Um grande abraço!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are beautiful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You So Much For Sharing These Photos - Absolutely Beautiful

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a nice climb, with lovely views.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, those are grand views... I would love to be there to see for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lucky and successful year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I would love to visit this shrine.

    ReplyDelete