After driving a car on a long and winding road in the mountain, I finally arrived at this temple, Ungan-ji. 200 years ago, lots of young monks came and lived here to study Buddhism. This must have been a good place for study and meditation.
This architecture is similar to an old Chinese style. It is simple and dignified.
The left is a belfry. Every early morning, the boom of the bell sounds over the mountains.
This is fantastic! I want to visit.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful old building. Have a nice evening
ReplyDeleteDearest RTC.,
ReplyDeleteWell, nature is the perfect spot for being quiet and for meditating and study.
Not getting side tracked by anything, one can reach the goal of really staying focused.
LOVE that first photo, the red and gold, with the green surroundings lift this place up even more so.
Thanks for sharing and for taking the difficult route up.
Hugs,
Mariette
Hello rtc, Natural greenery is very attractive and soothing, especially when interspersed with old buildings, walls, and so forth. Now that I am in Ohio for a visit, I am enjoying the intense green everywhere--the tall trees, wide lawns, and natural spaces of the Cleveland area, which is so different from urban Taipei, which does of course have its own attractions.
ReplyDelete--Jim
Hola que fotos mas bonitas.
ReplyDeletete mando mi blog por si queres criticar.
Gracias.
Besos
http://anna-historias.blogspot.com/2018/06/el-silencio.html?m=1
This looks like a lovely place with lots of green shrubs and trees. And the red railing is very attractive. I love when the bells ring. : )
ReplyDelete~Sheri
What a sense of peace. This is unbelievably beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos and seems to be tranquil place.
ReplyDeleteAs always, extremely interesting pictures from a beautiful country, I always watch them with delight and great interest. Best wishes :)
ReplyDeleteSo nice to know about this temple Ungan-ji. It is an amazing place for the monks to concentrate on their learning. Beautiful architecture!
ReplyDeleteAmazing pictures!
It looks peaceful and simple, the right kind of place to contemplate large questions.
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely photographs, and the contrast of the wonderful green with the red in the first one is so good.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I would love visiting here. Thanks for visiting me on Delights of the Heart.
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting architecture! You write it's an old Chinese style, I didn't know.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your travel!
Wowwww beautiful....have a Nice week love Ria 💜
ReplyDeleteI'm back again -- I just wanted to thank you for coming to my blog! And I do love this spot you share.
ReplyDeleteUm lugar incrível, onde a serenidade se respira... Grata por mais esta deslumbrante partilha, de lugares tão belos e especiais do seu país!
ReplyDeleteEstou deliciada com o cenário verdejante, fresco, envolvente... e absolutamente fascinante que rodeia cada edifício...
Adorei conhecer este templo, através das suas formidáveis fotografias!
Beijinho! Desejando-lhe um óptimo fim de semana!...
Ana