It's rainy and cold today. The highest temperature was 13.5℃. I just came to see how many blossoms of this cherry kind is in bloom.
Some warmer days promoted blooming. TV news said Somei-yoshino cherry blossoms, the most popular kind, bloomed the day before yesterday.
Usuzumi Sakura usually blooms 7 to 10 days earlier than Somei-yoshino.
During the end of March and the first of April, Japan is in a short rainy season. I recommend you to allow a few days for enjoying cherry blossoms on a sunny and warm day.
Though these trees are huge, the tree age is only around 50 to 60 years old. They can grow very fast.





So beautiful and yes, such BIG trees! We won't have cherry or apple blossoms here in Alberta until mid-May. Today is is -16C, cold and snowy.
ReplyDeleteHello RTC, Well, 50 years is already a considerable age for a fruit tree. After all, it only takes about five years for a cherry tree to bear marketable fruit. Also, these flowering trees are ideally spaced and I am sure pruned, fertilized and otherwise taken care of.
ReplyDelete--Jim
Gorgeous trees! Enjoy them while they last.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry the weather is cool but at least you have a beautiful sight as you walk. These are stunning.
ReplyDeleteLovely
ReplyDeleteSuch gorgeous trees; love the blossoms!
ReplyDeleteIt looks absolutely wonderful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos. Thank you so much for sharing. ❤️
ReplyDeleteThe cherry blossoms in your area are beautiful. I think those trees need the rain you are getting, so they will blossom just like they should when the time is right. Spring has many wonderful surprises for us.
ReplyDelete真係壯觀.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful trees and their blossom is looking wonderful, must be such a pretty sight to see in person.
ReplyDeleteTake care and thank you.
So beautiful. I'm planning a trip to Japan for my husband's 50th. He wants to see the cherry blossoms but I hope we can avoid the rain!
ReplyDelete薄墨櫻花第一次見啊!開得如此密,如何能數到開了多少朵呢 😊
ReplyDeleteNice cherry blossoms 🌸 on trees in Japan. There's a lot of trees blossoms on them as well here in Oregon. The tips are blooming more now as well. Looks like a nice trip that you took. Have a good time and be safe.
ReplyDeleteWonderful😊
ReplyDeleteLovely photographs ...
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan