Sunday, September 22, 2019

Climbing With Sweats 爬山锻炼身体

 Last weekend I climbed Mt. Teruishi, a low mountain 419 meters high. At the beginning, I  went up the stone steps slowly, while my thighs were being complained to my little adventure. These are the steps I went up.

 And these are to be climbed.
You sometimes have to climb a steep slope.
 
I held this root to stabilize my body.
I had a beautiful landscape in exchange for  sweats. The humidity was not high that day, I was able to see far under the blue autumn sky.
 
Most rocks on the top are this kind. I think these are limestones with stratification.
 I found this white stone. The mountain is called "Shining Stone Mt.". I imagine white stones gave old people an impression of shining.

 I found out a mushroom. Do you think this is edible?
 This big one is called "Horse Hoof Rock". The hollow shape in the center looks like it.



37 comments:

  1. It looks like an interesting adventure. I don't know much about mushrooms, so I wouldn't try to eat that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great walk. I am sure it was terrific from an exercise standpoint and also for everything that you saw. Whether the mushroom is edible or not, I have no idea, but better to stay away from it unless you are sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW, what a wonderful accomplishment!! the view from the top is spectacular and your pictures throughout the journey are gorgeous!!

    the only mushrooms i eat are the ones i buy in grocery stores. i would be afraid to trust the ones i find in the wild!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you're so brave to climb up such high mountain. I'd love to!
    The horse hoof rock seems to be a popular one. This fungi is unknown to me, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, wonderful natures scenes from your walk. Great shot of the mushroom. The view from the top is beautiful. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not know anything about mushrooms, my friend, but I lllllove your walking and the beautiful photos you shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always nice to virtually travel and admire nature with you, dear friend !
    Beautiful photos !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest RTC.,
    Wow, you pulled it off and the beginning was kind of smooth but went really rugged and rough towards the top.
    But once reaching the very top, the overlook is worth all the effort and makes you feel proud for persevering!
    As for the mushroom... My husband always had a great answer if questioned if you could eat a certain type. He said: 'You can eat them all but some of them only once!'
    It is wiser to snap a great Autumn photo from them instead of consuming as there are also look-alike poisonous varieties.
    Love the Horse Hoof indented rock.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. In Northern Ohio we don't have mountains, but we do have steep ravines, which you have to climb using similar techniques. However they do not keep going up and up. I would have checked those rocks for fossils--there were probably some there!
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that first and second picture with the stone walkway. So much greenery around and such a beautiful view. It looks like a wonderful hike you had. Gotta watch out for the mushrooms. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot of steps and climbing! I have a feeling I would discover muscles I never knew I had!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is gorgeous there - so unique and unusual! But I don't know if you can eat that mushroom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic accomplishment getting to the top. The view is absolutely gorgeous. Your photos are beautiful, it was a pleasure viewing them.
    Have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by my blog abd eaving a comment, I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I so love those first views. And I love rocks, and pick them up wherever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so pleased you left a comment on my blog so I could find your blog in return! Yours is the first blog from Japan I have followed because it's in English and I can read it, yay! My partner and I visited Japan in April, 2012 and absolutely LOVED it! We would go back to Japan in a heartbeat! Maybe some day?

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...the view was the reward for the climb! Thanks for taking me along!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great photography. Thanks for the beauty, Looking back over other entries the flowers and views are fantastic.
    Also thanks for visiting the Shipslog.
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful part of the world. Love the first set of steps but I would have stopped there. lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am your newest follower and put you on my sidebar. I read from there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The view was a great pay-off for the climb! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Goodness me … what a walk that was!
    I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is so satisfying to climb a hill and I love the feeling of looking out over the countryside when I reach the top. I prefer climbing up to climbing down, despite the fact that it is harder work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What beautiful photos!!!! I am not a hiker but I would love a long leisurely walk in the woods...as long as it's cool! Temps are much too high here to do much walking outside!!! Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment. Now I'm going to check out a little more of yours. Happy smiles & hugs sent to you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for visiting my blog, and leaving a comment. I hope you will return again.

    I live in Colorado in the summer and hike often. It always feels like such an accomplishment when I reach the top and the views or always worth it! Janey

    I would not eat the mushroom...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great accomplishment! Your sweats and toil seem to have paid off with such spectacular view from the top. Good for you that the humidity was not high that day. Humidity really saps your energy. The stone steps at the beginning are so beautiful. Thanks for introducing Mt. Teruishi.

    ReplyDelete
  27. t must have been a beautiful nature walk.
    The view is awesome.
    Wonderful photos.
    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  28. 爬山时,有看到鸟儿和松鼠吗?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    what a gorgeous hike :)

    thank you for taking me along my dear friend!
    reminded me days when i used to hike a lot back in my native village
    now i live in city and miss these days :(

    images are beautifully taken specially i loved most the rewarding panoramic view sooo much!!!!!!!!!
    rock shape is interesting and please be careful about mushrooms
    have blessed days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bellissime fotografie. Buona serata.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for visiting my blog, and left a comment. I hope you will return again.

    The only mountain that I hike was in Penang XD

    ReplyDelete
  32. Imagino o quanto o percurso tenha sido difícil, sempre a subir... mas a panorâmica, que se consegue apreciar lado do alto... certamente compensa todas as dificuldades do caminho... Uma paisagem verdadeiramente deslumbrante!
    As imagens estão absolutamente extraordinárias!
    Grata por tão bela partilha! Beijinhos!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete