Monday, January 15, 2018

Nara Old Temple (1) 故都奈良的寺院

 When you visit Nara near to Kyoto, you will be impressed with its long history. You will often see well preserved buildings and statues.
This is the wooden front gate of Todai-ji temple. Summer in Japan is hot and humid. I heard architects have used excellent cypress to withstand the hard weather conditions.
很多中外游客都到故都奈良来参观寺庙。这寺院称东大寺。他们都看到这样巨大的木造建筑物大吃一惊。

 This is the second gate painted red. The wall surfaces are plaster finished.
 The giant wooden building have contained a giant copper made Buddha. 
这是大佛殿。里面有一座巨大的卢遮那佛。
《金光明最胜王经》
爾时,多闻天王、持国天王、增长天王、广目天王、俱从座起,偏袒右肩,右膝着地,合掌向佛。
世尊,是金光明最胜王经能为如是安稳利乐饶益我等,惟愿世尊于大众中广为宣说。
世尊,以是经故,我等四王皆共一心护是人王及国民,令离灾患,常得安稳。

In the next morning of my visit, a beautiful mist lay over the city.
This tower has watched a rising sun for five hundred years. The tower is like a floating ship on the stream of time.
"I have spread my dreams under your feet: 
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"
  W. B. Yeats

I heard this dome shaped mountain in the centre is a natural symbol of this ancient capital.


20 comments:

  1. Hello rtc, You were lucky to visit Nara. Wonderful ancient monuments in such a beautiful setting.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...! Such a beautiful mist layer. Lucky day for you! You made it.
    You had a long walk around Nara Park.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images.
    The Temple is impressive.
    The mist a wonder what beyond.
    Such greenery in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs, especially the second and third ones of the Temple.

    The mist makes a photograph so atmospheric doesn't it, and I enjoyed Yeats words.

    My good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kyoto looks beautiful. I always watch the NHK News channel and love to catch up on Japanese life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This temple has much history. Lovely picture of the mist over the tower and city. It's been very foggy here in the mornings, and I think it's so mysterious and pretty, but a bit scary to drive in. I hope the new year is being kind to you.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest RTC,
    Very interesting to learn from you that they used the Japanese Cypress for building these stunning ancient temples!
    Your photos with the mysterious looking mist, are quite striking for such an area.
    Thanks for sharing this meaningful place and its beauty!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these lovely images. They're the closest I'll ever get to visiting the Temple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful place! Lovely view of the valley in the mist! Thank you for sharing the beauty. x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful place, with an amazing view!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an impressive place, so much history and atmosphere. Thanks for taking us along.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. A floating ship on the stream of time... what a beautiful picture you are painting there with your words, and so fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Konichiwa...The way the fog settles is breath-taking. Thx for sharing these.

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoying my first visit here to your blog.
    Your photos are really lovely and take me back to May 2013 when I had the most wonderful expedition trip to Japan - Tokyo, Niigata, Rishiri, Hokkaido, Honshu etc.,and onward to the Russian Far East (Kurils, Kamchatka etc.).
    Some day I would like to return as sadly I did not get to Kyoto. I found the landscapes so beautiful as I traveled to those spectacular islands.

    Mary - (North Carolina, USA)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice photos of terrain and appreciate how you write about where you live. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't Japan amazing? Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful buildings, characteristic of your country, beautiful scenery with fog, beautiful photographs. Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful old buildings - and you captured them well in your photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mais uma vez, conhecendo Nara, nas suas deslumbrantes imagens... que me deram a conhecer esses templos admiráveis...
    Mais uma publicação para apreciar ao pormenor! Adorei as imagens!
    Beijinho
    Ana

    ReplyDelete