Sunday, June 6, 2010

Crops and flowers 水稻, 麥和白花

One month has passed since rice planting. Next week the rainy season will have set in.
插秧結束後, 一個月經過了。
It's the time of reaping wheat now. 割麥時節到了。
Basho, one of the famous Haiku poets, started his travel to the northern Japan on May 16, 1644 from Tokyo. He arrived at an entrance point of that area on June 7. At that time Sora, his travelling companion, made a Haiku expressing his respect for this area with deutzia. He compared this flower to a head ornament.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Roughterrain crane

    A little while back I walked between Kyoto and Tokyo for 12 days on the Nakasendo Way - it was a great experience and I enjoyed learning how the rice is grown and harvested, amongst many other things...

    Happy days

    ReplyDelete
  2. 下次可以拍一些水稻开花的照片吗?谢谢!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of hard labour goes into producing rice for the world to enjoy, most of our rice comes from Australia and Thailand I think. There must be plenty of mouths to eat the Japanese crop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cloudia
    Have a nice Sunday!

    Delwyn
    Oh, you did it. I think you acquired rich experience.

    薰衣草夫人
    我在东京附近住的。

    绿禾
    我一定为你拍照。

    Glennis
    I think so, too. But almost all of the Japanese crops cannot compete on the world market due to their high prices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat thing to learn about that flower and it does look like a head ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to learn how to plant rice and grow coffee bean plants
    You know, the people in Malaysia do not know how lucky they are to be able to wake up every morning to such a beautiful quiet life in the woods.
    Some people would pay fortunes to have a taste of this peaceful and totally quiet life.
    Malay people could make a fortune selling a piece of time to live such a life.
    for a day ... a week.... a month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. alexandria
    Haiku is very interesting.

    A Lady's Life
    In old days, rice planting had a lot of troubles. Now they are improved. I wonder if green leaves of rice know the change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 这类白花有点儿像sakura,哈哈:D

    ReplyDelete