In mid January, people make a big triangle with bamboos and ceder branches and put new year's ornaments around it. In the night, it is fired. People warm rice cake and eat it. It is believed that if you warm your body at the fire, you will never catch a cold during the year.
This is very cool!
ReplyDeletealexandria
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment.
I love such fires. My Dad used to make one 16 footer every fall to celebrate the harvest. We'd sit around it all night watching it burn It was great.
ReplyDeleteThen in winter when there was lots of snow the nighbour would also make a huge one and we;d sit around it and enjoy some good brew.
Life is good. You feel alive and warm and toasty.:)
Happy Year of the Tiger!!!
ReplyDeleteAloha, Friend!
Comfort Spiral
Fantastic,full of fun !
ReplyDeleteA Lady's life
ReplyDeleteFire refreshes people and give happy feelings.
1102
再来吧
Cloudia
I think fire also has an important meaning in Hawaii.
Unseen Rajasthan
Thanks
I shall warm myself by this fire as I always seem to catch a cold in the winter.
ReplyDeleteHope the tiger year is a good one for the world.
When a neck is exposed in cold air, we easily catch a cold. Take care.
ReplyDeleteYou feel alive and warm and toasty
ReplyDeleteDomain registration india
This is very cool!
ReplyDeleteWork From Home